Why this program?
We believe that impact ventures play a vital part in accelerating the worldwide adoption of sustainable and inclusive technologies, policies, and behaviours. Our goal is to make impact ventures ready for investment, growth and international impact.
We aim to catalyse investment into social enterprise by building the impact investment ecosystem in Central and Eastern Europe. We work with local investor communities and show them the opportunities and potential of impact investment, linking them to internationally operating investor networks.
We have been enabling ventures from the CEE region to reach their investment potential since 2011.
The program in a nutshell
During 4 months a cohort of 15 selected entrepreneurs engage in a systematic review of their business model, strategy and team, before crafting a validated growth and investment plan. Participants get access to high level mentors, experts and our network of impact investors.
- Build your growth strategy and investment case in a structured way
- 20 hours customised support from high-level mentors and experts
- Access to 100+ impact investor network & the CEE Impact Day
- 12 months Impact Hub Vienna community membership
- Deadline for application: 1. September (23.59 CET)
- Module 1: 28-30 September
- Local cohort meetup: 25 October
- Module 2: 29 november – 1 December
- Western Balkans Impact Day: 1st week of December (date tbd)
- CEE Impact Day: June 2018 (date tbd)
Application for the spring edition 2018 will open in January 2018.
Module 1: 28-30 September 2017
- Review of your business model, strategy and plan
- Introduction to impact investment
- Build your investment case – part 1: type of investment, valuation
- Financial planning
- Setting milestones for the program
- Pitch to peers, partners and investors (in informal setting)
Local meetup & working session: 25 October 2017
- You meet up with your peers in your country
- Working session based on the needs of the group
- Pitch training
Module 2: 29 November – 1 December 2017
- Scaling lab
- Team and organisational growth
- Build your investment case – part 2: review shareholder structure, create term sheet
- Impact measurment
- Pitch to investor panel (feedback)
Personalised support (20 hours):
Throughout the 4-month program you get access to our network of mentors, experts and resources such as webinars, business tools and templates. We match you to the right people and resources with help of a personalised development plan.
Western Balkans Impact Day: 1st week of December 2017 (exact date tbd)
All participants get a ticket to the Western Balkans Impact Day in Belgrade. The first Impact Investment Conference in the Western Balkans conducted with Impact Hub Belgrade and our local implementation partners in the Western Balkans.
CEE Impact Day: June 2018 (exact date tbd)
All participants get a ticket to the CEE Impact Day. The CEE Impact Day is the largest regional Impact Investment Conference conducted by Impact Hub Vienna in cooperation with OeKB and ERSTE Bank. Only the best ventures will be selection pitch for investors at the CEE Impact Day.
Criteria (for who?) & Application
You can apply for the program if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a purpose-driven entrepreneur, working on a scalable solution to a societal challenge.
- You have a proof-of-concept (you are revenue generating, revenue testing)
- You are seeking investment (€25k-€1MIO).
- Your venture is legally incorporated in a country in the CEE Region.
>>APPLY directly through http://investment-ready.org/apply
Deadline for application 1 September 2017 23.50 (CET)
Program value & Fee
The value of the program is €15.000 per venture.
Your contribution for participation is €995 (per team) + 3% success fee after investment*. For ventures from the Western-Balkans the contribution is covered by the Austrian Development Agency.
What happens after the program?
During a period of 2 years (after the start of the program) we monitor your impact and will keep matchmaking where possible and relevant. It is important to us that our alumni find the investment they need. It is also important that we measure the impact of our program and keep learning and improving it.
Optionally, we can offer support in organizing the due diligence phase and the negotiations with your investors until your deal is closed.
And we hope it doesn’t end there. Over the last five years we gathered the experience to supporting impact ventures in your scaling phase (through the Scaling Program) and we hope you will stay a part of our community!